[OpenTRV-dev] The news !

Mike Stirling EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Thu Mar 21 08:03:53 GMT 2013

On 21/03/13 07:58, Philip Canavan wrote:

> The interesting thing from an electronics perspective is that the
> processor on both the TRV and the thermostat modules is the SilLabs
> F930
> (http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/lowpower/Pages/C8051F92x-93x.aspx),

> Does anyone have any experience with these units?

Yes.  They are 8051 cores so you can use the open-source compiler SDCC.
Fairly nice crossbar based IO so you can bring pretty much any
peripheral out on any pin.  They're not the cheapest, though, and their
power consumption doesn't stand out quite so much these days.

You mentioned the cube is Atmel.  The part number was slightly obscured
in the photo but given the Ethernet I assume it is a SAM7X, which is
ARM7.  Again no problem developing for these with FOSS tools (GCC, GDB,
openocd), and again I have used them.

Mike