[OpenTRV-dev] Anatomy of a TRV

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Thu Mar 28 09:57:48 GMT 2013

Hi

No problem at all if the TRV is a split unit (ie temp sensor and PIR remote from valve), but also some of the whackier ideas such as noticing disturbances in the radio field etc may be fine on the valve.

Also, I quite like having multiple methods such as low light levels (which I already use reasonably successfully), PIR, looking for stray IR handset signals, and detecting voice.  (The ATmega was showing doing real-time FFT in the Arduino event, at least well enough for that task I think.)  A combination could be pretty robust.