[OpenTRV-dev] Simple first-cut anticipatory logic...

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Tue May 28 15:02:16 BST 2013

Trying to stick with what I have already implemented I just added the following logic to try to make an OpenTRV-controlled room more comfortable with no additional manual effort...

If the room is typically at or above the WARM temperature in the next hour,
but is in FROST mode at the moment,
then set a temperature target a little below WARM to ensure that the room can quickly reach temperature on demand later.

So for someone regularly (at much the same time each day over a weekly cycle) getting up, or getting back from work, or going to bed, and in the habit of cranking up the heating for those times, this will help ensure that the warming process starts before they manually engage it.

Especially on cold days this should be a boon.

Anyhow, imperfect in all sorts of ways, but may make for a more pleasant house with little extra energy use.