[OpenTRV-dev] DS18B20 with Arduino

Kevin Wood EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Thu Sep 19 13:12:48 BST 2013

> its more to give Damon tips on how he could approach it.... i'm more the
> hardware guy that do the pcb's
>
> but yes tmp112 is a 2 wire.... sounds like a plan to me... ie not power up
> tmp112 and poll data oin that DS is connected to... should be fairly quick
> too

Yes. It would only have to be done once when a battery is inserted. After
that the AVR can remember its' config. Could even save it to EEPROM so it
never has to be done again, I suppose. Unless you only ever have a single
device on the OneWire bus, you need to do this anyway, to learn the
addresses of all connected devices.

I suppose I should acquaint myself with the current design. Been a bit out
of the loop recently.

> as a SMALL ps... you or anyone else knows where to get hands on solder
> dispensers ? will not mind a used one...

I'm afraid not.. I tend not to venture too far away from through-hole
devices. I don't need such steady hands then. ;-)

Kevin