[OpenTRV-dev] intro

Adrian Godwin EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Fri Sep 27 11:27:24 BST 2013

Hi,

I've just sent a join request to the list admin after seeing Damon's pitch
at the Connecting Homes event. I've been looking through some of the list
archives and have probably missed a few things, but am wondering if I can
help out with some parts.

I'm a member of London hackspace and have access to the tools there. Items
that may be useful are an envronmental chamber, a laser cutter, a 3d
printer and a reflow oven.

It's fairly common for the 3d printer to be broken, but there's also a
group based near reading who have well-developed printers, the thames
valley reprap group. These might be a useful resource for getting small
quantities of prints made. Given how much effort seems to be involved in
keeping 3d printers working, this might be more efficient than buying the
Maplin machine.

I've personally got some SMD equipment - small irons, hot tweezers, hot
air, microscope. I don't have reflow or paste equipment yet, though. There
are a couple of people at the hackspace who have done more with stencils
and dispensers.

I was at the Connecting Homes even in connection with an energy-managed
house project. This also requires good occupancy sensors and we're looking
at a crude thermal imaging camera. We think there might be a case for
making a ceiling-mounted occupancy sensor with light and temperature
sensors and I'm wondering if this could share some development with your
plans.

-adrian