[OpenTRV-dev] intro

Adrian Godwin EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Sep 30 10:57:40 BST 2013

The hackspace-owned ones have been mostly kit-built, and suffered from
inadequate care and over-enthusiastic fixing. It's quite a big hackspace
and not very easy to enforce good practice. The most reliable,
mechanically, was an old Stratasys but the extruder died and a replacement
(based on reprap components) seems to be taking a while to get completed.

We've recently got a lulzbot that hasn't broken yet, but I wouldn't want to
rely on that indefinitely!

Agreed about temperature measurement at the ceiling. Unfortunately it's
also the best place for a movement sensor.