[OpenTRV-dev] The Commercial offerings......

Bruno Girin EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Thu Feb 27 20:42:39 GMT 2014

Immediate thoughts while slightly under the influence of very good beer:
- Their command console is ugly, surely they could have done better than
that?
- The article mentions under-floor heating but not central heating.

So OpenTRV has the following USP:
- It can work without the internet (and even when we have a hub or console
malarkey, we'll ensure the internet is just an option and even then it will
all be open source and so will be the security);
- It should be cheaper;
- It won't be a closed solution so you'll be able to build other devices
that work with it.

Cheers,

Bruno