[OpenTRV-dev] Hello from James new member on the list

EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Nov 3 19:11:50 GMT 2014

 Hello All,

Damon has kindly added me to the list and I am delighted
to get my openTRV working today. I have printed a few enclosures an will
be happy to help in supplying more when needed. I also think I can help
move things along in product testing; I suspect that a little more can
be done in writing up an installation and extending the user guide. I
will post something to Damon in the next day or so. The link in the
basic instructions
http://opentrv.org.uk/files/quick-start-guide-rev1-pms.pdf pointing to
http://goo.gl/j1f7nP does not work.

I realise user guides will be
revised and there will be a GUI to control the openTRV controller - even
so, a helpful guide, including recommended battery voltage i.e. 2 x AA
cells should be made clear. Also, perhaps some thought as to the overall
design of the controller enclosure to be able to contain 2 x AA cells.
If this has been covered already and it was decided to provide a smaller
controller with no batteries then may I suggest that for it to be an
acceptable household product then it should be able to hold
batteries.

I would also like to see how it could control more than one
Conrad actuator - our living room has 3 radiators in it. I installed the
one Conrad device near the telly where we are sitting etc.

Any
thoughts and comments most welcome - wishing you all success with a
really clever product!

James

:
/