[OpenTRV-dev] OpenTRV to EmonCMS, via Node-RED (was OpenTRV boards)

Jeremy Poulter jeremy at bigjungle.net
Thu Dec 17 14:01:56 GMT 2015

Hum, good idea. Should be easy (assuming you are running on Linux) to pull
that info from the relevant files (/proc/meminfo and /proc/loadavg) using
the file node, parse (probably with a Javascript function) and post to
EmonCMS. I will try and have a go at that but I am sure someone has
probably done it (at least the CPU/Mem usage) already.

WARNING: Linux is designed to essentially use all the memory. THIS IS NOT A
BAD THING as it caches loads of things and that helps with performance,
MemFree is not actually the amount of free memory from a practical sense
Buffers and Cached are also essentially free memory.

Jeremy

>>> http://www.earth.org.uk/OpenTRV-protocol-discussions-201411-2.html