[OpenTRV-dev] FAQ 11: is it safe to do without the CRC on secure frames?

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Sat Dec 19 19:01:54 GMT 2015

> On 19 Dec 2015, at 18:51, Bo Herrmannsen <bo.herrmannsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> a spanner in the works....
>
> maybe we are using the wrong AVR? ie maybe we should consider a bigger one?

We have the one that we have, and it is typical of smaller devices.  And we aren’t able to change horses now for the valves or for Launchpad.

We are likely to have to stay low-end to keep costs down for both projects.

But in any case the issue is more to do with a combination of common radio module behaviour and interrupt latency; an otherwise more powerful MCU could even be worse.