[OpenTRV-dev] Comms (concentrator/redistributor) configuration thoughts

Jeremy Poulter jeremy at bigjungle.net
Sat Jun 6 11:57:41 BST 2015

Hi,

It may be a good idea to consider how integration with TR-069 (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TR-069) might work. This is extremely common
when managing large numbers of devices, eg if you have a ISP provided
router in your home that will be managed using TR-069.

Not that I am suggesting that this should be on the leaf nodes but it would
be a good idea to make it easy for some intermediate device to translate,
eg a similar data model.

One other point, you may want to try to avoid polling a URL for config
updates as once a system is setup config changes tend to happen
infrequently so it can be a huge waist of resources both in terms of the
leaf node's radio, power, etc but also the serving endpoint, especially
when you are dealing with thousands of devices. That being said it is also
a lot simpler to implement on the leaf node and can be very useful as a
kind of heartbeat.

Cheers,

Jeremy