[OpenTRV-dev] New Member - Introduction

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Tue May 19 17:59:20 BST 2015

Hi!

> As my starter questions:
> (1) Are there any Rev7 boards available currently?  If not would anyone want to share the costs of a small production run?

There are some REV7 boards due in my hands soon, they they are to fit into the plastics for the all-in-one valve and drive a motor directly, so that many not help you quickly.

There are REV2 boards (and boxes) in stock.

Also, BTW, we have just verified that the cheaper self-assembly version of the valve seems to work with the REV2:

http://www.elv.de/output/controller.aspx?cid=74&detail=10&detail2=37359

> (2) Are there any notes anywhere on how the Rev7 board is to be fitted to the Conrad Valve - are there still issues that need to be resolved here?

REV2 talks to the Conrad valve over the radio link (and the boiler unit, if used, eavesdrops on that chatter); that bit works!

> I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks for your interest Rob!