[OpenTRV-dev] New Member - Introduction

Rob May rob at themayfamily.me.uk
Tue May 19 19:24:27 BST 2015

Thank you for the quick response.

On 19 May 2015 at 17:59, Damon Hart-Davis <dhd at exnet.com> wrote:

> > As my starter questions:
> > (1) Are there any Rev7 boards available currently?  If not would anyone
> want to share the costs of a small production run?
>
> There are some REV7 boards due in my hands soon, they they are to fit into
> the plastics for the all-in-one valve and drive a motor directly, so that
> many not help you quickly.
>
> There are REV2 boards (and boxes) in stock.
>
> Also, BTW, we have just verified that the cheaper self-assembly version of
> the valve seems to work with the REV2:
>
> http://www.elv.de/output/controller.aspx?cid=74&detail=10&detail2=37359
>
> > (2) Are there any notes anywhere on how the Rev7 board is to be fitted
> to the Conrad Valve - are there still issues that need to be resolved here?
>
> REV2 talks to the Conrad valve over the radio link (and the boiler unit,
> if used, eavesdrops on that chatter); that bit works!

I'm probably showing that I haven't yet read enough to get all the
terminology correct, but I'm confused by your response.

I beleive that there are fundamentally 2 systems:

(1) Rev2 board that is a wireless controller for the ELV FHT8V valve (
http://www.elv.de/elv-fht8v-funk-stellantrieb-mit-adapterset.html) and also
uses wireless to another Rev2 board used as the boiler controller.

and

(2) Rev7 board that will sit inside an (modified) eQ-3 valve (as supplied
by Conrad:
http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/product/1168832/Thermostat-head-5-up-to-295-C-eQ-3/?ref=detview1&rt=detview1&rb=1)
- as referenced from here:
http://opentrv.org.uk/blog/target-date-january-2015/   .  The wireless is
only used to communicate back to the boiler controller.

>From what I (mis?)understand I'm think I'm more interested in the Rev7
system, even if that means waiting for a bit, and would be interested in
helping out with how to get it mounted in the valve if that has not already
been resolved.

Rob.