[OpenTRV-dev] Question from Steve R

Damon Hart-Davis damon at opentrv.uk
Fri Nov 20 12:58:07 GMT 2015

Hi,

Posting this on behalf of Steve R who I hope is in the process of joining the interest group (please direct responses there, only, for now):

Subject: Open TRV what's going on

Hi, I am quite interested in the notion of the open trv, but - for my purposes
at least I think it is a bit over the top. I am using a biomass boiler that we
run to heat up a 2000l accumulator tank. I control the heating with a hand
coded rasbperrypi and a couple of energenie plugs to turn on the pump for the
house and hot water. I have been craving after something like the OTRV for a
while, so I can spot heat the house, so bedrooms in the morning living room in
the evening with a sensible default temperature for the house.

What I would like - I think - is the hardware so I can try to hook it up to my
existing system. I can't figure out how to do that from the website(s).

Is it possible?

Steve