[OpenTRV-dev] Radio Conundrum

Jeremy Poulter jeremy at bigjungle.net
Tue Aug 9 20:00:41 BST 2016

I was going to suggest the same thing the NRF51 or NRF52 as used in the
Microbit is really low power and you would not need the AVR. I did at one
point try building OpenTRV for another platform (ESP8266 IIRC) and I think
the only thing that is tied to the AVR is the EEPROM code. On the downside
is is quite expensive, especially CE certified modules (
https://www.rigado.com/product/bmd-300/)