[OpenTRV-dev] Puzzling long-term bugs

Kevin Wood kevin at the-wood-family.com
Thu Sep 29 09:39:01 BST 2016

Hi Damon,

If it's the RC oscillator then it will be far enough out to cause issues
on long blocks of data in my experience.

I'm not sure why this is a problem. As you say, it SHOULD be possible for
the receiving UART to resync on every start bit, or, in fact, on every
transition of the signal. The fact is that they don't appear to do so
except on a start bit after the link has fallen idle, or, at least, the
typical PC COM port or USB-to-Serial adaptor doesn't.

Maybe the AVR's UART is more intelligent in this respect, and this is why
we are not seeing corruption on firmware loads, since it's then the PC
that is transmitting flat-out?

Best Regards

Kevin