[OpenTRV-dev] Puzzling long-term bugs

Deniz Erbilgin deniz.erbilgin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:39:58 BST 2016

Hmm. Reading through the docs, it seems that the internal oscillator is
factory calibrated to within 10% (p304, table 29-9).
The datasheet also claims that for 8 bit UART the max error the receiver
can tolerate is about 4.5% (p185, table 20-2).
http://www.atmel.com/images/Atmel-8271-8-bit-AVR-Microcontroller-ATmega48A-48PA-88A-88PA-168A-168PA-328-328P_datasheet_Complete.pdf

We did try comparing the internal clock against the on board watch crystal
to try and catch anything wildly off, but I'll check any duds I come across
with a frequency tester.

Regards,

Deniz