[OpenTRV-dev] Eagle CAD alternatives

Kevin Wood kevin at the-wood-family.com
Fri Apr 7 12:32:46 BST 2017

Hi Deniz,

I've had reasonable success with KiCad. I've only used it in a hobbyist
environment and not for anything hugely complex - mostly small uC projects
similar to OpenTRV in complexity.

It is available on all platforms and, as with all these tools, does the
job once you've got to grips with its few quirks.

The only real issues I've had is that migrating files generated in very
early versions was painful because they broke backward compatibility. I'm
not sure how that is with more recent versions...

I'd say it's worth a look.

Best Regards

Kevin