[OpenTRV-dev] Dongle

Gary Gladman gary.gladman at talktalk.net
Sat Nov 14 17:40:34 UTC 2020

Hi

I watched your presentation (http://www.earth.org.uk/smart-radiator-valves-talk-20201112.html) with great interest.

You mention several topics - Radbot 2, access to the serial connection, JSON stats receivable by the OpenTRV stats hub and boiler controller.

Would it be possible to expand?

What is Radbot 2 as opposed to Radbot? When is it due to become available?

How is access to the serial port acheived and/or does it involve an unavailable "Dongle"?

Is this also true for Radbot?

How would an "OpenTRV stats hub and boiler controller" be obtained?

What happened to Arm as a solution?

What is the point of the radio interface in Radbot if supplementary commercial access does not also exist?

Activity on OpenTRV seems to have practically ceased. The benevolent dictator approach seems to have ensured stability BUT also that further progress being made is unlikely without something changing. What is your view?

I apologise if I have misunderstood anything but information on any front seems incredibly scarce and gas been for a long time.

Regards

Gary