[OpenTRV-dev] Radbot/OpenTRV stuck valves

Gary Gladman gary.gladman at talktalk.net
Sat Nov 14 18:08:56 UTC 2020

Hi,

This heating season (having had Radbot installed) I seem to have suffered a significant number of stuck valves compared to pre-radbot seasons.

Some valves seem so stuck I have been unable to free them significantly even using percussive maintenance which has never been a prior issue and may well require me to drain the system to fix.

I beleived that Radbot had a valve exercising function to help prevent such a situation.

Can anyone confirm whether they have this issue or not?

Can anyone confirm whether the valve exercising function is present in Radbot/OpenTRV and where it is invoked triggered in the code base.

Regards

Gary