[OpenTRV-dev] Dongle

Tristan Keen tristan.keen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 10:37:41 UTC 2021

  Thanks to all your help - though I'd already ordered an Adafruit RFM69HCW
868 MHz "Bonnet" for my Raspberry Pi (from Pimoroni), on the strength of a
Hope datasheet suggesting it was an easy replacement part.

  Unfortunately while the pinout might be the same, the registers are
totally different so it's been slow going; especially when I realised
Manchester encoding is implemented completely differently between the two -
I was about to give up & buy a new module. Luckily, despite
https://github.com/opentrv/OTRadioLink/blob/345b45f9df92eac78caa483d4230a11bde21d7d8/content/OTRadioLink/utility/OTRFM23BLink_OTRFM23BLink.cpp#L787
your
(Christoph's) config actually shows Manchester was turned off.  Trying that
as a last-gasp effort seems to work - I can now receive valid secure frames
with sensible IDs matching some of the hex printed inside the Radbots, and
incrementing message_counters from the trailer.

  Now to read up on the encryption approach & get that working in Python,
then I'll try reprogramming the key on one of the radbots to a known
value.  Yes, my current code is similarly littered with odd notes, some
copied in material and private IDs, I'll clean it up a bit & clone it
publically when I've got my MVP working.

Thanks,
Tristan.