[OpenTRV-interest] Tinkering kit / Conrad radiator valve and security code

Alasdair Macdonald EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon May 19 11:51:37 BST 2014

On 19 May 2014 10:47, Damon Hart-Davis <EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN> wrote:

> On 19 May 2014, at 10:38, Alasdair Macdonald <EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN>
> wrote:
>
> > I just realised - I probably have to set the controller into a mode
> whereby it emulates the boiler actuator. If I do that, maybe I'll get new
> help text in the terminal session. Either way, I don't know how to change
> the mode .
>
> Setting the unit to become the boiler hub is easy (though may not be what
> you have in mind).
>
> In the CLI enter
>
> C 2
>
> and the unit with switch to hub controller mode and will keep the boiler
> running for 2 minutes after the last call-for-heat was heard which is the
> minimum for use with FHT8V units.  If you have a good boiler bypass I
> suggest something like C 4 or even C 10.  Note that this mode should not be
> used with battery power as the receiver module has to be kept on most of
> the time.
>
> C 0
>
> will put the unit back in non-hub mode.

Thanks; so "hub controller mode" would do something with regard to the
green screw terminals that aren't connected to anything right now. It's
that simple, and not really relevant to my situation.