[OpenTRV-interest] Tinkering kit / Conrad radiator valve and security code

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon May 19 10:47:33 BST 2014

On 19 May 2014, at 10:38, Alasdair Macdonald <EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN> wrote:

> I just realised - I probably have to set the controller into a mode whereby it emulates the boiler actuator. If I do that, maybe I'll get new help text in the terminal session. Either way, I don't know how to change the mode .

Setting the unit to become the boiler hub is easy (though may not be what you have in mind).

In the CLI enter

C 2

and the unit with switch to hub controller mode and will keep the boiler running for 2 minutes after the last call-for-heat was heard which is the minimum for use with FHT8V units.  If you have a good boiler bypass I suggest something like C 4 or even C 10.  Note that this mode should not be used with battery power as the receiver module has to be kept on most of the time.

C 0

will put the unit back in non-hub mode.