[OpenTRV-interest] Stats from remote units

Alasdair Macdonald EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Nov 10 19:43:36 GMT 2014

Hi Damon

I typed "X 0" into both boards.

Now, in my locally connected "boiler" board, I get "X0" in my
semicolon separated data:

>X 0
=F0%@17C2;ID3EB;V3315;X0;L463;T16 8 W255 0 F255 0 W255 0 F255 0;S12 12
24 cff;O3;C2;HC93 74 s

Later:

1138:10:88 FHT8V TX
Bare stats TX
RCfH0
@5D4A;T20C1;L115;O2
1140:6:76 FHT8V TX
@5D4B;T20C0;L19;O2
1140:40:10 CfH 93 75
RCfH1
Boiler on, s left: 106
=F0%@20C1;ID3EB;V3315;X0;L472;T19 0 W255 0 F255 0 W255 0 F255 0;S12 12
24 cff;O2;C2;HC93 74

@5D4B;T20C1;L19;O2
Boiler on, s left: 46
=F0%@20C2;ID3EB;V3315;X0;L476;T19 1 W255 0 F255 0 W255 0 F255 0;S12 12
24 cff;O2;C2;HC93 74

1142:2:88 FHT8V TX
Bare stats TX
RCfH0
@5D4A;T20C2;L119;O2
1143:58:76 FHT8V TX
@5D4B;T20C1;L19;O2
1144:34:11 CfH 93 75
RCfH1
Boiler on, s left: 100
=F0%@20C2;ID3EB;V3315;X0;L475;T19 4 W255 0 F255 0 W255 0 F255 0;S12 12
24 cff;O2;C2;HC93 74

@5D4B;T20C1;L20;O2
1145:54:88 FHT8V TX
Boiler on, s left: 40
=F0%@20C3;ID3EB;V3315;X0;L460;T19 5 W255 0 F255 0 W255 0 F255 0;S12 12
24 cff;O2;C2;HC93 74

Bare stats TX
RCfH0
@5D4A;T20C3;L115;O2
Bare stats TX
1147:50:76 FHT8V TX
!RXerr F3
1149:46:76 FHT8V TX
=F0%@20C1;ID3EB;V3315;X0;L459;T19 9 W255 0 F255 0 W255 0 F255 0;S12 12
24 cff;C2;HC93 74

So there are lots of new line formats here; I know how to read some of
them, but not all.

I figured out (Control.cpp) that "RCfH" is "Remote Call for Heat", and
I may see "RCfH1" or "RCfH0". When there is call for heat, I assume
that "Boiler on, s left:" is reporting the (minimum) number of
*seconds* that the boiler should remain on?

I was already receiving the lines that reference "FHT8V" explicitly,
and I believe that they come from the Conrad Valve. I also believe
that the first two numbers are a time, but I'm starting to be
uncertain.

In:
> 970:14:73 FHT8V SYNC FINAL

I believe that 970:14 is a time reported by the FHT8V, and I thought
that 73 was part of its house code.

Here are the FHT8V lines (above) all in one block:

1138:10:88 FHT8V TX
1140:6:76 FHT8V TX
1142:2:88 FHT8V TX
1143:58:76 FHT8V TX
1145:54:88 FHT8V TX
1147:50:76 FHT8V TX
1149:46:76 FHT8V TX

So the first two number are minutes and seconds? ... what's the third
number - part of the device's house code? And what does it mean, that
we have received a message from the device? I see that this data is
output on line 689 in FHT8V_Wireless_Rad_Valve.cpp, but I can't tell
if there's useful data that has been received but not shown, or what.

> 1144:34:11 CfH 93 75

This must be a "Call for Heat" with the House code ... in this case,
it's my board #2, which I set to House Code 93 75.

Now, the lines that begin with "@", which I wasn't receiving before:

@5D4A;T20C1;L115;O2
@5D4B;T20C0;L19;O2
@5D4B;T20C1;L19;O2
@5D4A;T20C2;L119;O2
@5D4B;T20C1;L19;O2
@5D4B;T20C1;L20;O2
@5D4A;T20C3;L115;O2

In OpenTRV grammar, "T" normally prefixes time; "L" is for light and O
for occupancy. I'm receiving messages that begin with "@5D4A;" or
"@5D4B;". How do I interpret these lines?

My two board IDs are "D3EB" and "F6D3", so I can see that what follows
the "@" isn't the identifier ...

You don't need to explain the plain English lines such as "!RXerr F2"
(which I have a few of), except ... does "Bare stats TX" pertain to
the preceding or following line(s) of output?

I can see the { ... } experimental lines in Control.cpp but I can't
tell what switches them on - I'm not seeing them.