[OpenTRV-interest] Code upheaval

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Fri Nov 14 09:21:02 GMT 2014

Hi,

Just a heads-up that as the code space (FLASH) is nearly full at the moment I am likely to make significant changes in things such as DEBUG output to reduce space requirements.

So don’t get too attached to anything other than lines starting with ‘>’, ‘@‘, ‘{‘ and ‘=‘, and even some of those may be radically rejigged.  See below

Also, I am significantly tidying up the sensor code and have created a Sensor base class (well, Arduino is C++ after all) as part of that, partly inspired by Gary G, thank you!  (I have other suggestions from him still pending to review and possibly incorporate.)

The protocols/formats discussion last night was also very helpful, and may lead me to have the status line more JSON like or partly so, to avoid requiring duplicate formatting code.  Still deciding.