[OpenTRV-interest] My progress so far

Gary Gladman EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sun Oct 5 14:49:55 BST 2014

Hi,

I have had most of my stuff set up for some time. Radiator actuators built and fitted, relay built, 1 OpenTRV boxed, 1 OpenTRV in position, central heating adapted but not yet connected.

I have been modifying the OpenTRV code base (as of commit 3253) to varying degrees of success and completeness ...

Fixed a couple of bugs (dont ask I dont truly remember)
Introduced a concept of date.
Adjusted target temp to vary by "month" (ala nichol graphs)
Begun to refactor and make the code marginally more object orientated and starting to encapsulate certain concepts e.g. light, temp, RTC
Adjusted target temp so that for example 21 means 21C8 rather than the original 21CF.
Tried to limit increases in code size and made space optimisations to compensate
Begun to move target temp towards fractions of a degree rather than degrees to support fractional adjustments to target temp under certain special scenarios.

My problem I suspect will soon become how to feed these back in the main line and/or remain aligned with the next round of updates e.g. SHT21 where the implementation doesn't seem to be going quite where I expected.

Any comments?

Regards Gary

PS Remembered one of the bugs was that the core stats for light was miscaled  i.e. >> 4 when it should have been >> 2.