[OpenTRV-interest] My progress so far

EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Oct 6 20:47:10 BST 2014

 Hi Damon,

Sounds simple on the face of it - I'm guessing you have a way of doing this in mind.

I will send the patches once I work out how to generate them, otherwise I will zip and send the code as it exists.

Rgds

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Damon Hart-Davis <EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN>
To: Open, non-developer list for interested parties <EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN>
Sent: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 13:22
Subject: Re: [OpenTRV-interest] My progress so far

Hi Gary,

Wow!  Thanks for all of that!

Can you construct and mail me patches so that I can think about stuff and merge
non-controversial stuff in, eg that light-shift bug by the sound of it…

On 5 Oct 2014, at 14:49, Gary Gladman <EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have had most of my stuff set up for some time. Radiator actuators built and
fitted, relay built, 1 OpenTRV boxed, 1 OpenTRV in position, central heating
adapted but not yet connected.

> I have been modifying the OpenTRV code base (as of commit 3253) to varying
degrees of success and completeness ...

> Fixed a couple of bugs (dont ask I dont truly remember)
> Introduced a concept of date.
> Adjusted target temp to vary by "month" (ala nichol graphs)
> Begun to refactor and make the code marginally more object orientated and
starting to encapsulate certain concepts e.g. light, temp, RTC
> Adjusted target temp so that for example 21 means 21C8 rather than the
original 21CF.
> Tried to limit increases in code size and made space optimisations to
compensate
> Begun to move target temp towards fractions of a degree rather than degrees to
support fractional adjustments to target temp under certain special scenarios.

> My problem I suspect will soon become how to feed these back in the main line
and/or remain aligned with the next round of updates e.g. SHT21 where the
implementation doesn't seem to be going quite where I expected.

> Any comments?
>
> Regards Gary
>
> PS Remembered one of the bugs was that the core stats for light was miscaled
i.e. >> 4 when it should have been >> 2.