[OpenTRV-interest] Evohome like system

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Tue Feb 3 10:48:08 GMT 2015

Hi,

> On 30 Jan 2015, at 10:02, Perry Ismangil <EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN> wrote:
>
> Great, what's the future of the current split system?

We want to keep some sort of split system in our range since it has many good use cases.

> I mean, how upgradeable it will be?

A forced change in radio module coming up, and disruption from introducing a proper security layer *may* make it hard to keep compatibility, but we are going to try very hard to not orphan any existing hardware, and to keep an upgrade path.

> What is the cost of the board and which Conrad TRV are we talking about?

You can buy a REV2 board from us assembled for £50+VAT (+£5+VAT for a 3D-printed box) or £25+VAT for a kit of parts and PCB.

The Conrad valve controller that we use (not of itself a *T*RV) is this:

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/product/570056/FS20-Wireless-actuator-570056

though in future we may use one of our all-in-one units at the valve end rather than the Conrad device.

> Also how exactly do you 'interact' with the current split system? Apps?

You use the hand-held unit to wirelessly control the Conrad valve (and the radiator, if you have fitted our interlock unit).