[OpenTRV-interest] Programmable TRV performance

Mark Wigmore EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Feb 16 14:52:29 GMT 2015

Hi,

Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I thought people in this forum might be the
most likely to know the answer.

I have a Honeywell HR25 programmable thermostat on my bedroom radiator. It
is programmed for 21degC in the mornings, but I can hear the valve start
closing from about 17.5deg as the room warms up and completely closed by
19deg room temperature. There's a good airgap all round the TRV; 500mm to
the bed, 300mm gap under the bed, and 600mm at the end of the bed nearest
the TRV. There is a window 240mm above the rad and the curtain stops 170
above.

Any idea what's going on?

Regards,

Mark