[OpenTRV-interest] Evohome like system

Chris Skerry EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Fri Jan 30 09:47:54 GMT 2015

Damon,

I don’t know what I am talking about, but your '10% if ignored and 50% if utilised', gave me a thought.

Why not develop a learning system?  Most people have a 7 day cycle of heating need.  Even retired old geezers like me behave differently on Sat/Sunday.  Most day’s activity will be a repeat of the day before.  The computer can tweak the zones/temperature/timing according to a 365 day calendar, the older the system gets the more accurate will be its predictions.  You will need a sensor to record when people move into a zone.

A brilliant little iPhone App will enable the user to help the programme learn too.

There is a roundabout near me with lights.  It has a learning system with a 365 day calendar that varies the lights timing according to what it has learned.  I still hate the lights, but it is much better than it was.

Regards,………Chris