[OpenTRV-interest] bug report: binary format light scaled incorrectly

EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sun Mar 22 22:15:52 GMT 2015

Hi,

All my units have same executable compiled unmodified from SVN. VOp2_Main.ino contains "V0p2_Main.ino 4205 2015-02-10 13:32:48Z damonhd". Files are actually dated 07/03/15.

>From memory it was not HEAD at the time - other changes were afoot. So reasonably recent just cannot remember actual version.

It should be pretty simple to confirm in almost any log whether the problem exists i.e. "L":141/4 = L35 .: problem because max 255/4 = 63 which is NOT ~255 which is the defined max for binary stats.

I think this is a simple scaling problem introduced when the underlying light representation was rescaled away from the raw value - however I would argue raw light value is what should be reported i.e."L":1023.

Regards Gary

----Original Message----

From: EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN

Date: 22/03/2015 08:47

To: <EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN>

Subj: [OpenTRV-interest] bug report: binary format light scaled	incorrectly

Here is a sample taken from OpenTRV output

@2532;T20C4;L35;O1
FHT8V TX
=W0%@20C3;X0;T21 5 W255 0 F255 0 W255 0 F255 0;S18 7 18;C5;HC37 50;{"@":"2532","L":141,"B|mV":3179,"occ|%":0,"vC|%":0}

Binary format light is scaled incorrectly i.e L35 versus "L":141.

This problem seems to have arisen since the basis for light reporting changed from [0,1023] -> ~[0,255].

ASIDE: In a side project and simulation of the opentrv algorithms and variants to identify the use of electric light I have noticed that the light lsb's are borderline important to identifying the use of electric light. Whatever the internal opentrv algorithms, reporting of all measured bits is most likely important to measurement, analysis, and subsequent simulation of algorithms and/or variants.

Regards Gary