[OpenTRV-interest] Frequent non-communication periods between hub and its valve

EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sat Mar 28 07:01:06 GMT 2015

Hi,

1) Moved hub, now ~3m from FHT8V. After a week I seem to have noticed improved communications.

2) But, this morning I have noticed hub and valve are not succesfully communicating - i.e. hub is calling for heat but FHT8V is not responding and is showing valve at 0 (%).

3) However, I have noted the following behaviour which I have not noticed before and may or may not be relevant ...

    Initial condition:
    OpenTRV has just (allegedly) transmitted (say) "v|%":45
    FHT8V displays: NO battery (symbol) (i.e. power ok), YES antenna (symbol), 0 (%)

    a) OpenTRV adjusts valve need (say) "v|%":50
    in quick succession ...
    b) FHT8V displays: NO battery, NO antenna, 0
    c) OpenTRV outputs: "FHT8V TX" (i.e OpenTRV transmits to valve)
    d) Short delay (~second(s) - difficult to determine)
    e) FHT8V displays: NO battery, YES antenna, 0 (NO valve movement)

    This behaviour repeats indefinitely from "a) OpenTRV adjusts" ...

Any thoughts?

Regards Gary