[OpenTRV-interest] Frequent non-communication periods between hub and its valve

EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sat Mar 28 07:35:03 GMT 2015

Hi,

1) After an hour minimum of provable failure of hub to communicate with the valve the valve has suddenly reacted to hub demand. OpenTRV has for some time been demanding 100%, the FHT8V has opened and displays 99 (%) (as expected).

2) The behaviour on succesful transmission was ...

    Initial condition:
    OpenTRV has just (allegedly) transmitted (say) "v|%":100
    FHT8V displays: NO battery (symbol) (i.e. power ok), YES antenna (symbol), 0 (%)

    in quick succession ...
    b) FHT8V displays: NO battery, NO antenna, 0
    c) OpenTRV outputs: "FHT8V TX" (i.e OpenTRV transmits to valve)
    d) Shorter delay (< second - difficult to determine - i.e. antenna seems to blink now)
    e) FHT8V displays: NO battery, YES antenna, 0 (YES valve movement)
    f) FHT8V opens ...
    e) FHT8V displays: YES battery, YES antenna, 99 (NO valve movement)

    Hereafter
    in quick succession ...
    b) FHT8V displays: YES battery, NO antenna, 99
    c) OpenTRV outputs: "FHT8V TX" (i.e OpenTRV transmits to valve)
    d) Shorter delay (< second - difficult to determine - i.e. antenna seems to blink)
    e) FHT8V displays: YES battery, YES antenna, 99 (NO valve movement)

    Thus difficult at this time to determine if hub and valve actually in communication.

    Battery sumbol eventually reverts over ~10 minutes to NO battery (symbol) i.e. big power draw whilst valve opens, battery slowly recuperates.

Regards Gary