[OpenTRV-interest] Schedule/profile setting (was: OpenTRV board as 868MHz transceiver)

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Sun Jan 10 12:56:38 GMT 2016

Hi,

> On 10 Jan 2016, at 12:36, Alasdair Macdonald <alasdairgmacdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is COHEAT a software variant or a hardware variant that is not
> available to my V0.2 REV2 board? It sounds like something I would like
> to try. I understand that the security layer is not yet implemented.

It consists of some extra hardware REV9 and a special release of the code for the REV9 to act as a simple control unit for user interactions and to relay commands and stats to/from a REV2 hub.  The REV9 controls the valve setting it to the percentage open it is commanded centrally, and the hub relays presses of a BOOST button back to the hub.  A simple separate protocol was created to manage that:

https://github.com/DamonHD/OpenTRV/tree/master/Arduino/COHEAT2015

https://github.com/opentrv/OTProtocolCC

> Does "dumb-ish relays of the COHEAT-central-control valve open
> percentage" mean that one can only send an open percentage command
> (rather than, say, "Boost”)?

Yes.

None of the OpenTRV temperature control logic is on the REV9.