[OpenTRV-interest] Adaptive comfort

Tim Small tim at buttersideup.com
Tue Jul 12 15:05:15 BST 2016

Hello,

I was wondering if there were any explicit plans to try and use some of
the "adaptive comfort" research findings to vary the temperature
set-point (in order to optimise for "minimum comfortable" temperature),
e.g. based on physiological adaptation?

I know that personally 19 degrees normally feels too cold at the start
of the heating season, but is probably fine by the end of it (and 18.5
is OK in the rooms which have triple glazing, but I can't really go any
lower than that without discomfort, although I know that there are
people who can).

Knowable influences include current and past (up to a month IIRC) indoor
and outdoor temperatures.

I'm wondering if some sort of phone-based "how comfortable are you" app
would be good (very much as an add-on rather than a pre-requisite).

Cheers,

Tim.