[OpenTRV-interest] Adaptive comfort

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Wed Jul 13 12:51:14 BST 2016

Hi,

> On 13 Jul 2016, at 12:28, Chris Skerry <chris_skerry at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> So between us we have invented a new system. . . . . .
>
> 1.  Everything WiFi linked to the cloud

WiFi power consumption is rather high for battery power.  (Maybe there’s a big “whoosh” that I’m missing!)

> 2.  One central TRV that measures humidity as well as temperature.

All measurements and controls should IMHO be zoned for best comfort and energy efficiency.

> 3.  A sophisticated control system in the cloud.

Everything has to work at least reasonably well when your broadband goes down, or you don’t have broadband at all.

> 4.  A simple App that sends and receives from the cloud’s control programme.

For a section of the potential audience, yes.