[OpenTRV-interest] First impressions and questions

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 07:51:24 GMT 2017

Another thought, one for Damon ...

A back in October I asked about two rads in one room (the thread is titled "Multiple rads in one room"), and would the TRVs "fight". There was a comment from Damon :

On 8 Oct 2016, at 20:54, Damon Hart-Davis <dhd at exnet.com> wrote:

> Nominally we can slave a second radiator from another one, but we haven’t tried/implemented it yet.  Should not be too hard to put together a config that supports it, and we could help you create such a config.
>
> We have tested OpenTRV controlling two rads in one room independently; seems OK but could probably be improved.

I would imagine that similar considerations apply there as to using a remote sensor, so it may be useful if the Radbot guys could outline what they had in mind and perhaps someone with enough interest/time/skill could take a look and see how it might be implemented.