[OpenTRV-interest] First impressions and questions

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Fri Jan 27 17:29:06 GMT 2017

Hi,

> On 27 Jan 2017, at 16:27, Chris Skerry <angela.skerry at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have your competitive product - Evohome.
>
> In the early morning I can hear a little whirring noise, followed by the noise of pipes expanding against the joists.
>
> Its not obtrusive, and usually I am asleep.
>
> One thing the Evohome TRV does is to shut down to 5 degrees if it detects a sudden drop in temperature = door or window open.  After 30 minutes it reverts to normal operation.  I think this feature is really cool.  Hope yours does it too.

It had the code for that in RC3.

I removed while working on RC4 though it would be easy to reapply once we have some of the built-in thermal models to unit test it against.

The specifics are slightly different but not far off.

Have you noticed it kicking in usefully as significant amount of times, and how did you notice?  Did it yell at you to shut the door in the voice of an annoyed parent?  B^>