[OpenTRV-interest] Cut heating costs with Radbots on your radiators - Much More With Less

Damon Hart-Davis dhd at exnet.com
Mon Mar 25 18:06:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

1) These devices do not officially talk to a boiler controller yet, as we’re keeping the consumer experience as simple as possible.  However, if as an open-source dev you built one of the OpenTRV secure boiler controller images for (say) REV8 or REV10 then yes it could listen to them.  Note that these Radbots have unique keys that you’d have to ask us for (or reset via the CLI in the valve).  Neither the valve dongle nor the multi-key listener are in a production or open-source state at the moment (we have other solutions in-house), so you’d have some work to do.  But it can be done.  We hope to get there one way or another but there is only so much that we can do at once!

TL;DR if you want to try Radbots as standalone clever TRVs, please do so.  Anything else is not guaranteed though we know that what you want can eventually be done...

2) Actually, tying two units together has not been done yet, we’ve just not had time.  But two of these devices individually controlling rads in the same room should work, and we have some positive feedback from at least one tester to say that it does.