[OpenTRV-dev] Current rough to-do list top

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Sun Oct 20 20:47:05 BST 2013

Hi Bruno,

(Mark: could you help manage the detailed logistics of this box + PCB mechanicals/fab part?)

We can't put one of the real new REV1 PCBs in your hands for at least 3 weeks.  And there will be the Bo and PMS variants which will probably be slightly different in various parameters unless we are super-careful.

We do need to try to have the box as near ready as possible by the time we do have the PCBs so that we can assemble complete units without delay.

However, if Bo can confirm that the REV1 size, shape and mounting-hole locations are exactly as per DD1, then I think you may already have one of those (or I can give you one).

We can probably assume for now that component height on the SMD side is no worse than the DD1 populated board too, and there is only the FDTI connector, AVR (possibly socketed), LED and LDR (IIRC) above the board.

The micro USB is below the board if used, I believe.

We'll need to deal with buttons.  We don't have to use the Maplin ones and could try to find shallower devices to minimise case volume. (At a pinch for future revisions we could consider side acting ones mounted on the PCB for example.)

Maybe if we get you an accurate series of high-red PNGs you could work from them for micro USB cutout placement, etc?

I'm happy to try to do a box design session on whatever terms suit you.