[OpenTRV-dev] Christmas secure protocol joy!

Damon Hart-Davis damon at opentrv.uk
Thu Dec 24 10:26:53 GMT 2015

Hi,

http://www.earth.org.uk/OpenTRV/stds/network/20151203-DRAFT-SecureBasicFrame.txt

Matthew W suggests that parsing (etc) might be significantly easier if the body length field was moved up somewhere in front of the variable-length ID field (or if the ID length was fixed, but I’m pretty certain that I don’t want to take that path).

I’m loathe to separate the body length from the body, but I’m interested in other views on this.  Simplicity in parsing/generating is very valuable for the sorts of small systems that this protocol is aimed at.

Will Santa bring us a working protocol?  B^>