[OpenTRV-dev] REV7 board working and talking!

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Mon Jan 5 18:41:29 GMT 2015

Hi,

> On 5 Jan 2015, at 18:19, Bruno Girin <EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN> wrote:
>
> Right, so let me try to decode this:
> T|C16 is (measured) temperature in Celsius with hexadecimal fraction.

This is just Celsius temperature in 16ths.

(I should probably to make that T|Cel16 eventually to be more compatible with UCUM.)

> vC|% and v|% are probably the valve opening percentage but what are the 2 values?

v|% is the current open percentage.

vC|% is the *cumulative* movement which allows me to monitor and optimise noise and battery consumption, and I have a nominal budget of 400% (eg the equivalent of two full opens and closes) each day for now. Happily I’m in that ballpark.  (See the entry for 2015/01/02 here http://www.earth.org.uk/OpenTRV-archive.html#update-archive for example.)  vC|% rolls at a high enough number (8191 max value for now) that it should be obvious when a reset or roll has happened.)

> tT|C is the target temperature in Celsius.

Yes, and should probably become tT|Cel

> No idea what O and vac|h are.

Occupancy (3 definitely, 2 probably, 1 unlikely, 0 not reported).

Room vacancy in hours.

> Also, if % indicates a percentage, why do we have a value of 196 for vC|% in the last record?

Because it’s cumulative, even if counter-intuitive.

And for once I can legitimately demand that my valves give me 400%!