[OpenTRV-dev] ESD testing at home!

Damon Hart-Davis damon at opentrv.uk
Tue Oct 18 11:16:15 BST 2016

Hi,

We’re warming up to getting the crowdfunded TRV2 ready for its CE malarkey.

One area that I don’t have any good feel for is how well our stuff will withstand whatever the ESD tests are.

I don’t suppose anyone here has a notion given (say) our current plastics and (REV7) board design where the trouble points will be?  Or indeed how we could prod them ourselved first long before we get to the test house so we can get board revisions its in hand…?

I had to restrain Deniz from taking apart a piezo lighter to randomly attack our boards.  B^>