[OpenTRV-interest] Programmable TRV performance

Damon Hart-Davis EMAIL ADDRESS HIDDEN
Thu Feb 19 15:06:02 GMT 2015

REV7 is the rad valve and REV8 is the boiler end.

The tech should be mature enough (and you will be able to upgrade the software if you want to), but we may not have committed to a substantial production run by July; the plastics process is complicated and expensive (>£50k for full production moulds, etc).

Boiler control will still be on-off by default.  Most boilers should be clever enough to modulate themselves by observing return/flow times.

I do not expect to have better than alpha-standard Internet access this year since there is a fair chunk of important security stuff to get right first and that takes time.  Yes, RPi is very likely part of the story in one form or another.

Does that help