[OpenTRV-dev] FAQ 11: is it safe to do without the CRC on secure frames?

Tim Small tim at buttersideup.com
Sat Dec 19 22:15:47 GMT 2015

On 19/12/15 20:07, Jeremy Poulter wrote:
> nRF52. Think they quoted sub 10mA when TX/Rx and the sleep power was
> ridiculously low. All that and a good CPU (ARM Cortex), floating point,
> Bluetooth, NFC and loads of other goodies.

Any idea what the volume pricing is likely to be?  The nRF51 (which it
seems to be the successor to) seems to be circa £1 in bulk.

The Arduino's environment and ecosystem has it's positives, but it
supports ARM these days too, so it looks like switching to this would be
win given the feature set, price etc.  Having better connectivity too
sounds really nice.

AVR is nice, but if I understand correctly the current generation of AVR
is fabed on 130nm, and that nRF52 is down on a 55nm process - that
change and the fact that it's a single chip integrated MCU and radio
would seem to give it a serious advantage...

Tim.